Failed to create a control from assembly Nintex.Workflow.ServerControls

Badge +1

New to Nintex, so this may be a beginner question. However, I'm having problem with my fresh Nintex Workflow. I made a workflow in a SharePoint 2013 environment, which is a copy from a working SharePoint 2010 environment. All actions are equal.

I got this (and other errors) in the ULS-log

Failed to create a control from assembly 'Nintex.Workflow.ServerControls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=913f6bae0ca5ae12', class 'Nintex.Workflow.ServerControls.SiteActionsWorkflowMenu': The control with assembly name 'Nintex.Workflow.ServerControls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=913f6bae0ca5ae12' class name 'Nintex.Workflow.ServerControls.SiteActionsWorkflowMenu' is not allowed for web at URL 'http://contoso.com'. The type Nintex.Workflow.ServerControls.SiteActionsWorkflowMenu, Nintex.Workflow.ServerControls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=913f6bae0ca5ae12 could not be found or it is not registered as safe.

I followed the blog post Error: "Failed to create a control from assembly" and checked all the bullits. I have every feature switched on, license is installed correct, Nintex have been activated and so on. We have SharePoint 2013 Enterprise (and features switched on).

Looking at the images from the workflow, doesn't tell me much, and I don't know where to start looking.

WorkflowInformation.PNG

(Sorry for the Swedish, but I've translated so you know what it should say happy.png )

WorkflowDetail.PNG

I'm running the workflow as

• System Account, setting (1) System Account and (2) User with contributor permission as approver
  • Regular User with contributor permission, setting (1) System account and (2) User with contributor permission as approver

The error is the same.

What are the next steps to solve this issue?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I do not see the two errors being related. The first safe controls can be resolved by redploying the workflow solution, this causes an app pool recycle.

The other, I would not use the system account for anything in the workflow. I wouldn't publish or run as or assign a task to it. Aside from any issues with the user context issues, I would say this is a governance issue that account with these privileges should not be designing workflows. I would see if you can republish the workflow without anything dealing with the system account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hey ‌, I know its been a while, but if you find this helpful please mark it correct for others to find help more quickly. Thanks! Let me know if I can help any further. 

Badge +1

Hi Andrew. Thanks for popping by. I've marked the answer correct (didn't find the control in anonymous mode happy.png ). I'll let you know if I need any more help with Nintex. Keep up the good work!