Process not moving from one activity to another

• 16 January 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a process with 4 activities. My first activity has an SQL Data event to insert some data into a table. My second activity has a default client with Internet event item ( i have given my Web page URL). In my webpage I am setting the value of a process data field. Based on this data field set, either activity 3 or activity 4 must take place.

The thing here is when i start my process instance, the first activity is executing properly and the process moves to my second activity, which has the default client with Internet event item. So, as soon as I open my webpage and set the process datafield, the K2 workflow should move to my next activity (either 3 or 4). But it is not happening. The workflow remains in the activity 2 only. It is not proceeding further.

Can anyone please help me out ?

Regards,

Karthick

4 replies

Badge +13

When you look at viewflow does it show it ends at 2nd activity or still active on 2nd activity?

If active, did you call the .FINISH API when you updated the data value? 

.Update will update
the data fields but NOT finish the activity.

.Finish will update
the data fields AND finish the activity.

Badge +1

Hi,

To use the ".Finish" API, we need to have worklist/worklist criteria. ( we dont have something like processInstance.Finish; we only have worklistitem.Finish).

Initially i didnt use worklist item concept in my code; but later i included it also and gave the worklistitem.Finish statement.

Now, the problem that we are facing is that there is no worklistitem listed for my process( although process instances are created and my first activity ran successfully). I have also checked the workspace and also in worklist.Count. The count is 0 only,

Only if there is any items listed under my process, i can set my process datafields and use worklistitem.Finish, so that based on my line rule, the next activity will take place.

I dont know why my worklist items are not being listed.

Please help me out as early as possible.

Regards,

Karthick

Badge +9

Who is the destination for the Activity with the client event?  Who is running the web application when the 0 count is being returned by K2ROM?  Are they the same users?

If you think they are the same users, have you confirmed this by debugging your ASP.NET applicaiton and stepping through the K2ROM code.  After you call the K2ROM Connection.Open, check the value of the Connection.User object in the VS Debugger Watch window.  Does the User ID match as expected?  Perhaps windows integrated authentication is not turned on for your web site in IIS; or you don't have identity impersontate = true in your web.config, or you have allow anonymous for this site in IIS.

The K2ROM Connection is made under a different user then was specified in the Destination Rule, it will not retrieve the worklist item.

Badge +1
Thanks a lot. The problem was with the destination user. The user running the application was different. Now its working fine