Send Sp List SO data in Email

• 15 January 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi Mates,

I have  created SO based on Sharepoint list. I have intergrated the Sharepoint Evant with my workflow.So once any item get added i am seding mail to reqstor. But now i want to send the Data to the approver in email format. i have used SmartForm intergration event to view request details to user.

Is it possible to send request details in the email to approver without making workflow dependent on list columns??

I am using Sharepoint 2010 and K2 smartforms 1.0.3 version.

Thanks 

2 replies

Badge +7

Hi de,

So is the data you want to send in the email properties of the SmO? What is the data? You should be able to grab those fields from the context browser into the email; you can even do this to test that the correct information is being displayed in the email. 

I think there may be gaps in my understanding... Let me know if this is right -- So first is this how it's functioning?

1. When an item gets added to the SharePoint list, an email notification is sent to a person (approver) to approve those items.

2. If the approver approves the item, then the item is committed to the SharePoint list otherwise, it is deleted and will not appear in the list.

Is this the problem/what you want?

A. The email does not explicitly show what is being added in the email -- I'm guessing they have to click on a link to redirect them somewhere, the SmartForm (??), which shows what needs to be approved.

B. You want the email to show the specific "added item" or data that needs to be approved?

Could you explain a little more? I'm not sure what you mean by your last question either as I'm having a hard time visualizing this in my head haha sorry!

Badge +4

Hi  @alyssa_v,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to send the the email to show the specific "added item" or data that needs to be approved.

So if any user add any item,So approver get mails with the item added details.So suppose requstor is not in office i dont want them to redirect to smartform to see the request details.They just receive the mails with item added details.

But i want to make it workflow independent.So suppose if in future if i had added 5 fields in sharepoint list. i dont want to redeploy the workflow.

Thanks