Is there any reason that a workflow would NOT publish but act like it did?

Badge +1

I have a fairly large workflow (contains a lot of logic/tasks) that I have had running successfully for about a year now.  I recently added some logic to it and published it.  It took awhile to "publish" - the message was displayed that the workflow published.  I clicked "ok" but noticed that the version number did not get updated (from 2.1 to 3.0).  so I opened the workflow gallery in another window and it is still displaying the version number and save date (from last week).  so, I tried publishing again thinking that maybe the publish task timed out.  After several minutes, same thing.  I don't seem to be able to publish this workflow now.  I was wondering if maybe I hit an upper limit in the number of tasks or something. 

I would love to hear from anyone that may have experienced something similar.  I am using Nintex Workflow 2010.

2 replies

Badge +1

Here's an update - I kept deleting tasks and trying to publish and eventually, it published!  so, I have concluded that there is some upper limit to the size or the number of tasks.  If anyone has any additional information on this, please share.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have a look on this blog