Choice Control Change in Selection and Hidden Columns

• 30 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have a Nintex Forms that is using Tabs.  On one of the Tabs, there is a choice control with three selections.   One of the selections in the Choice Control, will hide a column on another Tab in the Form.   If a user goes back to the Tab with the Choice Control selection, and unselects one of the choice that hides the column on the other Tab, and then goes to the Tab with the hidden column, the hidden column is still hidden. Why does the change in the Choice Control selection not get reflected in the other Tabs?    Does the form or tab need to be refreshed to reflect the change in the Choice Control selections?   If so, does this need to be done with JavaScript?  How would you do this with JavaScript?  Or can this be done without JavaScript?

Thanks

Shannon

5 replies

Badge +17

Shannon,

I have not attempted to test this out specifically so this is only my speculation. The controls value is being done at run time and you may need a reversal rule as well as the main rule. 

Rule 1 - if the control is checked, then hide. 

Rule 2 - if the control is unchecked, then don't hide.

The reason for the two rules is that by default the code does not unhide if its not checked after its checked so adding the extra rule to reverse what was done by a previous rule can help. Not 100% sure that this is the case for you, but something I have seen happen before.

Also with tabs, it may be that the control on one tab may conflict with other controls on a different tab, thus causing an issue. Shouldn't but might.  If you can export your form, I'd be wiling to look at it and test it out. 

Eric

Badge +1

Eric,

Adding the two rules(hide and unhide), appears to be working. The one issue I have, when I unhide the checkbox control, the label associated with the checkbox control will not unhide. Any suggestions on why the label associated with the checkbox control will not unhide?

Thanks,

Shannon

Badge +17

Glad its working. As for the label, is that a separate control? You could apply the rule to both the control and the label to have both hide or unhide as needed.

Badge +1

Eric,

Yes the labels are separate controls that is associated to the textbox/people picker/choice. I am able to hide the labels by applying the rule to both the label and the control. The issue I am having now, is labels or controls are shifting positions in the panels that contain the label/control that I am hiding. Any suggestions on why the labels/controls are shifting positions in the panel when hiding a label/control? Could you take a look at the Nintex Form if I export it?’

Thanks,

Shannon

Badge +17

Shannon,

Yes exporting it will definitely help. As for shifting, something that may occur if there is an overlap of controls and things just aren't as separate and crisp as they should. Not your fault but just a nuance of the designer and rules.