cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Access Denied when Opening Task

Hello,

One of my users complained about getting an "access denied" message when trying to respond to a flexi-task. This user has rather limited permissions, so I suspected the problem was there, but I can't see anything wrong. Other users are OK.

This is what I've tested:

1. Site permissions are read-only.
  2. Library permissions (where the workflow operates) are read-only.
  3. Workflow Tasks list permissions are Contribute.

Have I missed anything? I've also tried assigning Full Control permissions to the above, but I still get the same issue.

I also tried opening a selection of other tasks (assigned to various other users) from the Workflow Tasks list. The vast majority had the same "access denied" issue, but a couple opened correctly (though recognised the it was the wrong user).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on what to try next.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Access Denied when Opening Task

What is the users permissions to the Site Assets and Site Pages libraries? I sometimes find it's something not obvious like that.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your reply.

Site Assets and Site Pages are inheriting from the site, so the permissions were read-only (now changed to full control for test purposes).

I'm sure you're right that it's something non-obvious where this user needs some access. I'll keep on looking.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

One way to check if it's a permissions issue to give the user (temporarily!) SCA permissions. If that solves the problem then it is definitely permissions related.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply