Failed to start workflow. Your license has expired. Please contact admin@nintex.com to obtain a new license.

Badge +1

I have a workflow kicked off by a PowerShell Script from the Task Scheduler every night. At a point in time the License Experied and now the Workflow doesn't work (since the license expired). But every time the workflow tries to start, it send an e-mail that it can't start. Since this is a rather large library where every item is effected, on of my users have received 90'000 e-mails in an hour.

Is this the default behavior of Nintex, and can I change the default behavior in a setting somewhere?

Failed to start workflow. Your license has expired. Please contact admin@nintex.com to obtain a new license.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

To change notifications when a workflow errors, In Site Settings, under Nintex Workflow, click on Workflow Error Notification. Here you can switch the notifications to not be sent to the initiator, and alternatively send to a specified address. This is a scoped setting and can be set on the site, site collection, and farm.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

But I am curious on how someone received 90K emails in an hour from starting a workflow. How was the script attempting to restart the workflow several hundred times a second?

Badge +1

As it turned out, there where 280k e-mails sent in total. In the solution there is 15k documents, each having a workflow kicked off every night. So I guess there was some re-trial of the workflow before it ended.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to check the ULS log yet (I'm on another assignment for the time beeing), but I will make sure we edit the settings according to your suggestion above. Thanks.