Trapping Esc in Grid Edit Mode

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Is there a way to determine if the Esc key has been pressed when you're in grid edit mode? I can trap a list click for instance but I can't think of a way to determine if a user has pressed Esc and left edit mode.

3 replies

Badge +15

Hi,

There is currently no rule to capture key press events, aside from the standard mouse click/double click events. You can write your own javascript to listen to key press events, but you will not be able to use it to execute smartform rules. If you really need to implement this, you will likely have to do everything in javascript manually once the ESC key is pressed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Nigel,

If you find a javascript that works, please do let us know.

I've tried loads of Javascripts to try and capture the "ENTER" key without success

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Sharpharp1, amusingly your post about putting buttons in the add row is the only acceptable solution I've found.

I have logged the request for a new view method, List edit cancelled. I think it should go there with all the other list actions. I think that's the only one you need because you can infer Enter because list item added is called as a result.