I am new to this and think I found a problem.
I have one field out of +-137 rows that does not save.
It happens in chrome and IE. As far as I know all other fields are working.
I have a field named DATAENDDATE within SharePoint 2013 OnPrem. Nintex forms does connect to it. Since my date could be something other than date I use jQuery date and set constraints to false. I have several field like this with no problems except this one. It is not the very last row. Somewhere in the middle.
I do not have any errors and I can input the date just fine in the ListView Edit field.
I did delete the field in the form and recreate it. I am not able to publish it until a scheduled time.
Is there anything I need to check for?
Solved! Go to Solution.
could you post an example how does your form looks like (at runtime)?
and a case when text field was not saved?
I'm sorry, but your description is a bit confusing to me.
have one field out of +-137 rows
what you've meant with that?
one field out of 137 fields on the form do not save?
or one specific field (column) do not save for eachof 137 rows (items)?
or the field do not save on every 137th row?
with rows you mean list items? or repeating section rows?
I use jQuery date and set constraints to false
totally out of ideas what "constraints" you might have set with jQuery...
could you post your code?
what constraints do yo mean?
I am not able to publish it until a scheduled time.
as well something not very clear..
what a schedule do you mean might influence whether form is published or not?
ok, bit clearer now.
just one field not saving data
- don't you have two or more form controls connected to the same list field? they may overwrite each other. if latest written is empty, it might look like your value is not saved
- isn't form control disabled and/or hidden by appearance setting or by formatting rule?
- check developer console for any errors
I can only on publish the form when no one is in it.
do you mean with this that user gets an error once he/she submits older form version (opened before publish)?
or do you experience any other problem?
I see how having a duplicate would be easy to do. I did not see any errors in the console.
We only have a few rules due to the size of the form. It already takes about 30 seconds to load. They are ok with this. I want it better but I have plenty of low hanging fruit.
I ended up recreating the column from scratch in SP. Renamed the original to _Old to keep the data then ported it to the new column.
I removed the old field then added the new field and linked them. All is working again. It looks like something in SP. But I am not 100% sure, and I have never seen it happen.
Thank you for the insigh.
did you recreated the SP field first time?
if you (or somebody else already did it, and you didn't replaced form control, that might be the reason why control lost connection to list field.
No one else could have, just myself, and I did not until I realized it was the only way for me to fix it.. It worked, then it did not. Very odd issue, but recreating it in SharePoint then replacing the field in the form connecting to the new field fixed it.
If two controls are named the exact same, (you did a cut and paste and forgot to rename the control) or two controls are connected to the same list column, then the second control wins. You update the data in the first control, but it doesn't appear to save, because the second control's data was not updated.