How to add a user to an AD group...?

• 10 January 2011
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hello All,

I'm very new to K2, and I know it's possible but could someone walk me through how to add a user to a group in AD?

Many thanks!

Dayna

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I guess that you are using the out of the box SmartObjects and that you are running the latest patch (KB1230). You can use the AD Group SmartObject together with the create method. Browse to the [INSTALLDIR]Bin and open the SmartObject Tester tool. Expand all SmartObjects. Here you will find the AD Group SmartObject. Execute it and you will see the different methods available.

In a process a typical way to use this is with a SmartObject Event and then specifying the SmartObject.Method.

Unless I’m missing interpreting the question. Maybe provide more details on what you need to achieve .

HTH

Vernon

Badge +3

Hello Vernon,

Many thanks for your reply, I do have the latest patch and running the OOTB SmartObjects. I think I may missed part of my question (either that, or my understanding of K2 may be lacking!).

I underwent a crash training course last week, and I'm sure I saw in the K2 studio the ability to add a user to a group in AD. What I am trying to achieve is a workflow for a request to shared folders.. Each folder has an owner, and I want a user to put a request in via IP or a form specifying the folder they want (stored within a SP list), which emails the owner, who approves the request and the workflow puts the user in the AD group specific to their request.

I.e. user wants access to Folder A, therefore the workflow will put the user in the Folder A Active Directory group membership.

I thought this was done via the GUI, but I might be mistaken! Any help that you can provide is most appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Dayna

Badge +8

The 1230 Update actually has a new wizard that allows just that. Drag the "Active Directory Event" from the Toolbox onto the design canvas, you will see that there is an option called "Add User to Group". This should d exactly what you require.

Badge +3

That was exactly what I was after! Many thanks!