How to retrieve Worklist item using the .GetWorklistItems(filter) of Management API?

• 6 January 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get all of the Worklist items from a K2 server using a ProcInstID and ActInstDestID.

How can I do this using the API?

Thanks.

3 replies

Badge +8

I don't think there's a direct way to query it, but if you know the Destination user, it can be quite simple. Sample code below:

WFM.WorkflowManagementServer wfmServer = new SourceCode.Workflow.Management.WorkflowManagementServer();

int iProcInstID = 10,

iActInstID = 11;

try

{

wfmServer.CreateConnection();

wfmServer.Connection.Open("Integrated=True;IsPrimaryLogin=True;Authenticate=True;EncryptedPassword=False;Host=blackpearl;Port=5555");

WFM.Criteria.WorklistCriteriaFilter oFilter = new SourceCode.Workflow.Management.Criteria.WorklistCriteriaFilter();

oFilter.AddRegularFilter(WFM.WorklistFields.Destination, SourceCode.Workflow.Management.Criteria.Comparison.Equals, "K2:DenallixAnthony");

WFM.WorklistItems oItems = wfmServer.GetWorklistItems(oFilter);

foreach (WFM.WorklistItem oItem in oItems)

{

if (oItem.ProcInstID == iProcInstID &&

oItem.ActInstDestID == iActInstID)

wfmServer.RedirectWorklistItem("UserA", "UserB",

oItem.ProcInstID, oItem.ActInstDestID,

oItem.ID);

}

}

finally

{

if (wfmServer.Connection != null && wfmServer.Connection.IsConnected)

wfmServer.Connection.Close();

}

Badge +1

Hi dc,

Given that I can readily get these items, can I delete the process or stop it to prevent it from showing in the worklist report?

Thanks.

Badge +8

Yes, have a look at the WorkflowManagementServer object in the Help File, it has methods to Stop and Delete instances.