cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

Jump to solution

Suddenly ALL of our Nintex forms for Office 365 have begun displaying this Server error message. This has begun affecting all our schools that use Nintex forms for data collection. Can someone let us know what is the cause of this and how to troubleshoot?

Frank Field Eric Harris Pavel Svetleachni

Any help is much appreciated!

As always when/if I find a solution.  I will update the post with details so it will help others should they have the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Swetha

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

Jump to solution

Swetha, a few other posts (including one of mine) on same topic.

My guess is that it is tied to the Office 365 / Azure outage that occurred this morning.  The O365 / Azure outage appears to have been resolved with Microsoft, but the "connection" with Nintex seems to be broken.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Excellent and thanks for the quick response Brent Ellis.

Helps to know that it is not due to using my Active Directory credentials for workflow/forms. On that same note, do you know any best practice method for 'Starting a workflow' with credentials?

Is it preferable to setup a separate account for Nintex forms/workflow start purposes.

Let us knwo gurus out there. We Nintexers are counting on you!

www.swethasankaran.com

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

We have created O365 Service Account for starting workflows, doing profile queries, or other types of queries, where only us "admins" know the credentials and can enter them on behalf of other users should they need to develop with a standard service credential

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

That is awesome Brent. You rock!
Thanks for sharing that nugget of very useful information. I will try to request for the same in my organization.

www.swethasankaran.com

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for that fast reply, Brent Ellis​. And your patience, Swetha Sankaran​. I'm sure it's disconcerting when such a widespread event happens. One more thing for me to learn to keep an eye on, too.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

No worries. It happens as long as its solved quickly we are fine

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I got word a few minutes ago from Support that there is now some issue with Forms for O365, as a result.  People in both hemispheres working on it.  I don't know details, but I've posed a system announcement and I'll update it when I have more information.  Apologies for your troubles!

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

oh man, I am waving the panic flag, I have a demo in 2 hours for my CEO and top directors......i could get by ignoring the mobile, but now none of it works

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Brent, I'm very sorry for the trouble. I wish I had more information to share. I don't want to interrupt the people in AUS we got out of bed to work on this as it will only hinder them getting to a fix. I'll post an update as soon as I know anything.

0 Kudos