Have been pulling my hair out about a problem with a State Machine workflow not changing state from one state to the next.
Any help on this would be great from the community. Thanks in advance
Can you double check the configuration of the state machine action and the change state (ie that the state name is the same)? I have had issues before where the state machine action is a bit glitchy, if you change any of the state names it doesn't automatically update the change state actions?
in my experience if you change the states in a state machine after you've populated it with actions there's no way to resolve that... it seems incredibly glitch and something I haven't actually followed up with myself.
can I suggest that you add a new state machine to the workflow with all the states you require, drag all the actions that aren't the "change state" actions from the original state machine to the new state machine, then add new change state actions and configure as required in the new state machine - then delete the old one.
Maybe if this works, we have two examples of this being flaky and we can raise a ticket with Nintex to investigate, or at least give us a reason why this is the case.
I have lost hours on this before.
I've noticed a few glitches too using state machine.
but as pointed out by people smarter than me you could try:
Try recreating the branch for where it is hanging up. I've seen changing the name of a branch cause this type of glitch before. I think you can just create a new branch and then drag your existing actions onto it and then obviously delete the existing one and make sure to repoint your change state action to the new one.
Hope this helps,
I was having some issues regarding the state machine hanging up partway through but indicating that it had completed the change state. After trying a few different solutions (recreating the state machine, reconfiguring all the tasks and change state options), I finally came across one that worked for me. What I found was that the state machine action worked provided it had 3 or less states to choose from. Now with only 3 states, my workflow is working properly again.
Thanks for all the great advice. This ended up resolving itself after the following happened:
1) Updating version of Nintex software on the server to January 2016 release
2) Purging SQL logs
3) Resettting IIS, and stopping and restarting all services related to Nintex and timer batch jobs.