Process Instance in error state

• 6 May 2010
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

One of my process has several instances that are in an error state in the K2 Workspace.  When the process is "hanging", the users were not able to see their tasks.  I went into the Process Management in Visual Studio and did a "Retry", and now the tasks show up on the worklist.  However, when the user tries to action their tasks, they are receiving an error.

Upon further investigation, I went into the event viewer on the MOSS server and saw this application error:

Form submission failed. (User: LITTLER-USBrlo, Form Name: Change, IP: , Request: http://sfrvmmoslm:5000/_layouts/Postback.FormServer.aspx, Form ID: urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:infopath:Change:-myXSD-2010-04-30T15-03-24, Type: DataAdapterException, Exception Message: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
Server was unable to process request. ---> The worklist item cannot be completed due to the following reason: 24129 A database error occurred : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.)

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

Brian