First Project Building Successfully but NOT deploying

Badge +1

This is the very first project I built in MS Visual Studio 2008 for K2 - the project Builds successfull however it does not deply. 

The Following is the Error:  Web publish failed for VS2008 : Logger Error: C:usersmynamedocumentsVisual Studio 2008ProjectsTestProjectTestProjectobjDebugDeploymentCSWebsiteClientprecompile
ew_website_deploy.wdproj(34,11, The imported project c:program files (x86)msbuildmicrosoftwebdeploymentv9.0microsoft.webdeployment.targets" were not found. confirm that the path in the <import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on the disk

Situation:

VS 2008, most resent version of K2 BlackPearl. MS Server 2008

using MS Build Engine Version 3.5.30729.4926 and .net Framework 2.0.50727.4927

I think I should be using a different framework but do not know how to change it.

any help would be greatly appreciated, I am totally stuck at this point and have been researching for hours.

10 replies

Badge +4

Just out of curiosity how many projects are in your solution?

Badge +1

just 1 project it is Chapter 9 Creating Your First Workflow  from K2 Blackpearl Professional wrox book - I followed the instruction and built the project but when I went to deploy is when I get the error above.

Badge +4

Do you have the Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects add-on installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0AA30AE8-C73B-4BDD-BB1B-FE697256C459&displaylang=en

Badge +8

This sometimes happens when using long names for the objects being deployed and the fiels are kept in My DocumentsVS 2005Projects...

This full path is sometimes longer than the path allowed by Windows, so if you are storing your solution in My Documents, try moving it to C:Solutions (or something short) and see if it makes a difference.

Badge +1

I installed these add-ons and now I get a new error:  SmartOject Server Exception: Could not publish SmartObject definition to server: Error refreshing Service Instance "WorkflowReportingService'. Service returned: Workflow Reporting SO Service: The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions.  My SQL is on a different server so I am having my network admin do t he following.  found searching for "The Partner Transaction Manger disabled its support for remote/network transactions"

If it is running and client application is not on the same computer as
the database server, on the computer running database server
1.      Go to "Administrative Tools > Component Services"
2.      On the left navigation tree, go to "Component Services > Computers
> My Computer" (you may need to double click and wait as some nodes
need time to expand)
3.      Right click on "My Computer", select "Properties"
4.      Select "MSDTC" tab
5.      Click "Security Configuration"
6.      Make sure you check "Network DTC Access", "Allow Remote Client",
"Allow Inbound/Outbound", "Enable TIP" (Some option may not be
necessary, have a try to get your configuration)
7.      The service will restart
8.      BUT YOU MAY NEED TO REBOOT YOUR SERVER IF IT STILL DOESN'T WORK
(This is the thing drove me crazy before)

On your client computer use the same above procedure to open the
"Security Configuration" setting, make sure you check "Network DTC
Access", "Allow Inbound/Outbound" option, restart service and computer
if necessary.

On you SQL server service manager, click "Service" dropdown, select
"Distribute Transaction Coordinator", it should be also running on
your server computer.

I will let you know how it turns out

Badge +1

WOO HOO This Solution Worked.  Thank you all for your help.

Badge +2

When I get to step 4, I don't see a "Security Configuration" button. Instead there is a drop down list to select Cluster default coordinator resource name.

We are running Windows 2008, and on a cluster.

Please tell me how to proceed. Thanks.

Badge +6

As a local admin

1.Open the Component Services snap-in.
To open Component Services, click Start. In the search box, type dcomcnfg, and then press ENTER.
2.In the console tree, locate the clustered MS DTC resource under the Clustered DTCs folder.
3.On the Action menu, click Properties.
Revise any properties for tracing, logging, or security as needed for the clustered MS DTC resource.
4.Click OK.

Badge +2

Do you have the Visual Studio 2008 Web Deployment Projects add-on installed?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0AA30AE8-C73B-4BDD-BB1B-FE697256C459&displaylang=en

I had the same problem and this solved it for me. Thanks.

I wonder why this manual step isn't represented in the setup or documentation.

Badge +2

For those who did not have security configuration like me, try the following from the link :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/adodotnetdataproviders/thread/7172223f-acbe-4472-8cdf-feec80fd2e64/  - Thanks to Kurt Gooding

1     Run dcomcnfg

Expand the “Component Services” node, then the “My Computer” node, then the “Distributed Transaction Coordinator” node

Right-Click on the “Local DTC” node and select “Properties”

On the “Local DTC Properties”, select the “Security” tab

Select Network DTC Access, Allow Inbound, Allow Outbound, No Authentication Required, and Enable XA Transactions