Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

2 level document approval based with condition

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I'm looking for a solution where once the document is uploaded and sent for approval (Reject/Approved/Reviewer2) to Reviewer1. Based on the action of Reviewer1 the next steps should execute.

For example: if Reviewer1 selects approve the document is approved without Reviewer2's approval.

and vice versa.

Please let me know your comments. 

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: 2 level document approval based with condition

Jump to solution

Hi @Syedbahauddin ,

You should be able to do this using a flexi task(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/#sp2016/Workflow/ActionsCore/FlexiTask.htm), as it allows you to add an extra outcome like below. Then all you would need to do is add another task on the reviewer2 branch.

Workflow Designer - Internet Explorer.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi @leighburke ,

Thank you for replying.

So do you mean once the document is uploaded a task should be assigned to Reviewer1 and depending on the the action we can assign it to Reviewer2.

However, I would like to know where does the value approved/reject get stored for the activity - Set documents Initial approval status is stored?

or I don't need that activity if I'm assigning task.

Please advise.

It would be great if you could just design and send me a screenshot of the workflow.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

@Syedbahauddin Can you confirm the use case, are you looking to get a response(Approve/Reject) from reviewer 1 and also allow them to decide if needs to go to reviewer 2? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

@leighburke 

So here is the case - The Reviewer1 will have 3 option:

1. Approve : here if Reviewer1 is satisfied with the document and Reviewer2 approval is not required.

2. Reject : Document is rejected

3. Approval from Reviewer2: Here if the Reviewer1 is satisfied(approves) with document and require Reviewer2 to approve too.

and finally Reviewer2 will have either Approve or Reject.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

@Syedbahauddin There is a few ways you could do this and the way I mentioned would work. I have included a screenshot below of the basic design, you could improve on this by adding some send email actions to notify the initiator.

Workflow Designer - Internet Explorer.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi @leighburke,

Thank you so much.

Works perfectly fine :) 

0 Kudos