List lookup limited by two chosen variants in Nintex Form - idea

Badge +2

Hi everyone :)

Currently I'm working on the SharePoint site application thah is going to be used in training center within my organization.

I have two list: 

• Planned trainnings - this is a list where the training center puts information about new trainings (when, where, and what training will took place with what number of maxiumum seats, and minimal - but we dont count minimal here)
  • Training regestration - list where information from the form are puted after chosing the name of a training (Choice filed in Nintex Form) and after this - date (From List Lookup based on Chice filed to limit only to given trainig types, beacuse there can be a lot of same type trainings across some period of time)

What I'm trying (unsucesfully) to do now is to limit the List Lookup of dates of training only to this posistion from Planned trainings list that in column 'IsMax?' for chosen before Name of training has 'Yes' (I'm counting by workflow the number of regiestrations and then by calculeted column checking if it is equal to maxium number of attendants).

Given above is my 'ideal' solution but basiclly what i want to do is to prevent regiestrations above the maxium number of sheets. It can be filed in forms which gave me 'IsMax?' column vale based on name and date and if 'Yes' then block cliking 'Save' buttony. Any solutions is acceptable :)

Within the Planned trainigs list i have column whit combined Name&Date of training which I'm using with like 10 workflows now, but i have no idea how to took from the form both of thess and match that filed to check the 'IsMax?' column next :(

View of form from:

2603i89EE67871AAA799F.png

View of Planned training list:

2604i4A6CF61BDF33DABF.png

I transleted the names of columns so it may not fit the names on the screens

Thanks for any help :)

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

make the 'training name' lookup field instead of choice.

then with following formula you could query for isMax field value for a selected training.

you can use the formula to show actual value or you could use it in validation rule 

lookup|('Planned trainnigs','ID',parseLookup(TrainingNameNamedControl,false),'isMax')
Badge +2

Hi,

I'll try this today, but i manage to do it diffrent way (very complicated go around). I create additional column, where I combine the name of the draining with return value of calculated column 'IsMax?', and within a nintex Form I create a dinamic varible that contain the name of the training chosen in the choice filed with 'FALSE', and then in date chose lookup i filtred it by this column, and display only dates where in that addistional column is 'Training name & FALSE'.

But I'll defintly try your soultion beacuse lookup in Trainng name will do much better job than choice filed :)