get list item filtering

• 6 November 2018
  • 4 replies

I have built a search box which searches a list by filtering it based on a value in a text box  (using get list method and mapping the text box to the filter page on the get list method config.

It works fine on any column in my list which is a single line of text but doesn't seem to be able to see any text that is stored in a multi line text column (memo control in K2).

Is this normal behavoir or is there a clever way to achieve this?

Thanks, Julie

4 replies

Badge +6
I have never tried that method of searching in a list before. Have you considered using the built in search tool bar that sits above the list view?

Hi CJeck,

Thanks for the reply, I have never seen a built in tpoolbar so am unaware of an inbuilt search function on a view.

I have loaded a video of me creating a list view, am I doing this wrong?  I looked for a toolbox item to add a toolbar but can't find anything there either?  Do you get a toolbar by default?

Thanks, Julie

Badge +6

Thanks for uploading a video, that's really helpful.

When you're in your list view, could you click the gear icon highlighted in orange and see if you have the Enable Filtering option highlighted in green?

Hia,

Thanks for this, I've been using K2 for 10 weeks and never noticed the 'Gear settings lol!

I've switched it on and the search works great, saves me lots of time building one from scratch ;-) thank you!

However, when looking at the gear setting, I selected the 'enable edit' and add row (just to experiment with the options) and I recieved the following error, have you come across this before?