Validation rules do not work on controls

• 10 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Ok I hope someone can help me out on this one.  I'm attempting to use validation rules on a handful of controls.  No matte what I do, the validation rules do not fire.  I've even set the controls as required, and it still allows me to save the form.  Here is my rule formula:

{Self}==""&&ShowUberRide2==1.  

I've tried using isNullorEmpty runtime function, but it doesn't matter.  So here is what is going on here.  The controls are hidden behind a panel until the control ShowUberRide2 equals 1.  The "1" is coming from a javascript function that is placing the value into a control.  Once that happens a whole series of controls appear.  All these controls are required to be completed if that section is visable.  I've removed the ShowUberRide2==1 part from the rule just in case that was causing the rule, but that didn't do anything.  I've even removed all my Javascript just in case that was the issue.  If I am missing something, please someone let me know.  I'm totally lost as to why these validation rules are not working.  Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

If you're still running into this issue, would you mind answering a few questions or providing some screenshots of your form? 

Is your Button Action (found in the settings of the control) on a choice that doesn't require Form Validation, such as Save || Save and Continue? 

6382i7AD1B9E3700FBC0C.png

If you're on Save and Submit, in the Advanced Drop-down, have you selected to Validate the Form?
6383iA2E1860A35F616AA.png

Hopefully we can figure out what's going on and get your forms into a correct state. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

The button I'm using is currently a Save button.  I ended up opening up a support ticket on it.  I was told there is a known bug with panels and validations.  Though my rule validation wasn't on a panel.  It was on SLT.  It appears the form will not run validations when the control  is in a panel that has another control that has a stored client ID in Javascript variable.  When I take a control outside of those panels, validation works fine.  With this form in particular, I have all kinds of nested panels.  I haven't had a chance to take my version to 4.5.1.22 (I'm currently on 4.5.1.2).  The release notes do not mention panel validation issues.  Only with the Save and Continue triggering validations.