How to add users from person or group list field to sharepoint group using k2 workflow

• 30 April 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

How to add users(single or multiple) from sharepoint list person or group field to sharepoint group using k2 studio workflow.

I tried using SharePoint user management wizard but I couldn't find any option. Am I doing any mistake?

Can anybody help me out in this regard?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

2 replies

Badge +7

Hello,

Just to find out if i understand you clearly, are you trying to add users so that you are able to use them within a sharepoint group? Remember when you design a workflow you can intergrate sharepoint, meaning that you will be able to use sharepoint attributes (like sharepoint libraries ect) within your workflow, you can call users that exsist within your AD (individuals or groups). So intially one would have to add users in AD and that would grant you access to use or call the users within your workflows. 

That is one way of doing it that i know of,here is an interesting read that will help you understand abit better: http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlUserGuide4.6.4/NPD01.html

Hope this helps :-}

Kind regards

Nelly

Badge +3

Hi Nelly,

Thank you for your comments.

I have created a sharepoint list and customized list form using customize form option in sharepoint ribbon.Added people picker control and then created data connection to add users to sharepoint group and Used UserGroup webservice and "AddUserToGroup" operation and then published form to list.

Then opened up new button in sharepoint list and entered required data and selected single user from people picker and clicked submit button,user which I selected in people picker field was added to sharepoint group successfully but It was failed when I selected multiple users in people picker field. Only first user was added to sharepoint group, not the second and third.

Web SErvice data connection was working only for single user not for multiple users.

So I wanted to create a workflow to add users from sharepoint column to SharePoint group when new item is created in sharepoint list. I did check sharepoint designer workflow and there is no action for add users.

I would like to know, is there any option in k2 designer or in k2 studio to add users from sharepoint list column to sharepoint group when new item is created.It should add users to group before assigning tasks to next level approvers.(Start workflow---add users to sharepoint group- User tasks)

I hope you got clear picture now. Please advise me on this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,