K2.net and Sharepoint need to be on the same server ?

• 22 September 2005
  • 5 replies

Badge +11
Hi,

Is that all ???????

Unfortunately, yes. Being a part of K2.net support, we are 100% comitted to the successful implementation of CURRENT versions of K2.net 2003.

For any further information regarding the "new" version of K2.net, please do not hesitate to contact your local K2.net sales representative.

Having said that, what I do know is:
K2.net BlackPearl will not be dependant on any Office 12 components to run. You will be able to install it on separate machines and let it talk to WSS or SPS remotely.

For intrest sake:
At a recent tech showcase at the PDC in LA we showed how we can publish a K2.net BlackPearl process (which is WinWF based) to a documents library using the new workflow hooks in Office 12. In that demo the K2.net installation was running in LA and the SPS12 installation was running in an R&D Lab on the other side of the world.

Hope this helps,
Ockert

5 replies

Badge
I’m about to install k2.net and our orginal configuration was to have separate servers for each system. 1) k2.net 2) sharepoint 3) SQL server 4) .net applications. I’m being told that I NEED to combine k2.net and sharepoint on the same server in order to utilize the sharepoint services. This sounds odd to me – would have imagined I could decouple and not have it this tightly integrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this really is not a corporate standard to install in this manner.
Badge +11
Not True. You can have K2.net and Sharepoint on different servers. The only thing to remember is to install the Additional Sharepoint components on the Sharepoint server.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge
Is that all ??????? Our "solution provider " is telling us with the NEW version of k2.net it will require a fair bit of coding to separate. We will not be utilising Portal just WSS. Is there documentation that I can obtain.
Badge
More info just in. The "new" version of k2.net is in prep for the release of office 12 soooo k2.net server and the WSS components are coupled and cannot be separated during installation as in previous versions.

Is ths true ?
Badge
Thank you very much for this. I've contacted our local k2.net sales office and have a meeting them this Friday. :)