Inline function Failure ,Nintex Form O365

Badge +1

I  am working on the Nintex Forms (O365)  and I am having  trouble in putting inline function condition  on number of attachment.

I am having a choice control which has Manual or Interface modes . If the “Manual mode" is selected “ there should be minimum 1 attachment ,if "Interface mode" is selected there can be 0  attachment.

I tried various combinations but it does not work.  After I  hit “Save” and recheck it . The value is always set to 1 for “Minimum attachment” No matter what.

There is no question of putting CSS as I do not get the  formatting  control to put CSS , I guess because of O365.

This is what I put in the  :

Minimum Attachment:    fn-if(fn-Contains("Mode", "Manual"), 1,  0).

Please see the attachment inline-functions# inline function nintex foms nintex o365  

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi,

sadly the field only allows inline functions that work with item properties. If you select manual, the control knows the new value but the item doesn't. It gets updated once you saved the element but at this moment validation has already happened. Thus dynamic count of attachments is a difficult task.

This thread has a javascript based solution in the answer marked as solution:

Hopefully it helps you too.

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +1

Hi Enrico,

Yes so true . The Validation is already done . As soon as I save control settings and check back the If function setting is gone and there is only value left. 

I am doing the O365 Nintex forms and I do not see the Custom CSS, Custom JS options available for any control settings.Neither there is any option on the form settingsAttachment control settings. As you can see No Custom CSS or Custom JS available

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Are you working with the new responsive forms mode? If so, then yes you won’t have javascript as an option. It’s only possible to use in classic mode. 

Not sure if it’s worth sacrificing responsive for the attachment validation.

Last thing: There is an idea on user voice that you can put your votes on. Did so with mine for on prem and office 365.

Conditionally require attachments based on logic – Customer Feedback for Nintex 

Best regards

Enrico