Carmen18
Scholar

unable to delegate workflow task

even after configuring in central administration -> Nintex Administration -> Task settings -> tick allow long term task delegation, setting a delegate in Nintex task delegation, and tick allow delegation in a request approval step. both users already have contribute rights

the task that is created in workflow tasks still does not allow delegation. In the allow delegation field of the created task, false is shown.

am i missing something to allow tasks to be delegated?

also the task is assigned to a domain user group, and 1 of the users in the group set the task to be delegated to someone else

running sharepoint 2016

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Carmen18
Scholar

Re: unable to delegate workflow task

anyone?

0 Kudos
emha
Collaborator

I'm affraid you mix few things together.

allow long term delegation means you enable a possibility for your users to configure long term delegation in their (sharpoint's) profiles.

once a user configures a long term delagation, all the new task assigned to him/her within configured time period from a given site or all sites (acc. configuration) are automatically delegated to configured person.

allow delegation option within a single task action enables a possibility to delgate (just) that specific task,  created/assigned after the change was published. the delagation doesn't happen automatically and task assignee has to do it by purpose.

if you enabled allow delegation for a task action with OOTB sharepoint form, once you publish the change, a 'Delegate task' link appears on the task form.

if you enabled allow delegation for a task action and then (re-)created nintex form for it, the 'Delegate task' link gets created on the form automatically.

if you enabled allow delegation for a task action with already exisitng nintex form, you have to add the link on the form on your own.

in either case this only applies for new tasks. you'll not be able to delegate already existing task.

see as well

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/All-things-Delegation/ba-p/82971?advanced=false&coll...

0 Kudos
Carmen18
Scholar

that i know. my problem was actually that i didn't tick the assign separate task to users in a group. apparently group tasks don't trigger delegations? only when a task is assigned to that particular person will the delegation happen and delegate the task to the delegatee(?)

i am getting around my issue by having a workflow that assigns users to the approving group during the period of delegation.

this isn't a solution to the stated issue but it works for me. thanks everyone!

0 Kudos
emha
Collaborator

apparently group tasks don't trigger delegations?

yes, that's true. you have to create 'individual' tasks.

0 Kudos