Note: All tasks of this type must be created by Nintex Workflow.

• 10 March 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to create a new Content Type that inherits from the Nintex content type(s) (MyNewContentType) and when I attempt to create a new item of type  MyNewContentType I get the following error message "Note: All tasks of this type must be created by Nintex Workflow.". 

Is there a way to leverage the Nintex content types to create new items based on them without running a Nintex Workflow.  I can give details of why I am trying to do this in an offline call/conversation.

Thanks,

Tim

2 replies

Badge +17

Tim,

Can you share what you may be attempting to do here.  The tasks items you are attempting to auto-create outside of Nintex are used for a specific reason and there may be another way to achieve it without going outside the Nintex generated process.

Badge +1

Hi Eric

The business case is that I am attempting to leverage search to surface tasks.  The out of the box Nintex Workflow Task content type does not have all of the fields I am looking for so I am subclassing the Nintex Worflow Task content type (using it as a parent for my content type) so I can augment it (by adding classification metadata). I would like to use that subclassed content type (MyContentType) as the task content type when implementing a User Interaction (Request Approval in this case).  I am attempting to use my new content type (MyContentType) as the content type for all Nintex and non-Nintex tasks (which is where I run into the "Note: All tasks of this type must be created by Nintex Workflow." issue).

Thanks,

Tim