Create a Workflow with optional approval groups?

Badge +1

Hello,

I am completly new to Nintex workflows and trying to design a workflow that allows for both a required approver and some optional approver choices. I tried creating variables for the approval groups and flexi tasks in the workflow but I am running into a problem where if a person is not selected in one of the optional groups the workflow errors out because no one was selected.

The attached picture shows what I have today.

Can someone give me some hints on how to make this work?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

are the two flexy task that are shown in your screenshot assigned only to Parts Group and Warranty Group start variables?

If yes, you can put each Flexy Task inside a Run If action where you check if the related variable is not empty, in this way, if it's not empty, the workflow will assign the task, otherwise it will skip that action and wait for the other branch of the parallel action (if it doesn't skip too, so the workflow will proceed with what's after the parallel action).

Giacomo

Badge +1

Hi Giacomo,

Thank you for your response. You are correct, the two flexy task that are shown in your screenshot assigned only to Parts Group and Warranty Group start variables.

I followed your suggestion and moved the flexi within a Run if and trying to configure the Run if action but there are so many choices. I am not doing something correct as I am still getting errors for having a blank entry. Attached is a screenshot of my run if configuration.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

if Parts Group in your screenshot is always the variable, then the condition as you've set it will return true every time so it will execute the flexy task..

correct condition will be something similar to the following one:

where "User" is my person or group variable.

Giacomo