Hide columns in SharePoint list

• 10 March 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +7

Hi All! 

I have been able to successfully hide fields in my Nintex form from users based on if they are in a specific SharePoint group or not. However, those fields are still visible in the columns on the SharePoint list. Is there a way to prevent that? 

Thanks!

6 replies

Badge +7

I done something similar to this in the past. In our case, we wanted people to only see items they're associated to (for legal reasons they could not see any other item besides their own). What I did was create a Person or Group column (Field A) and modify the view to only show items when Field A is equal to "[Me]". Then, in the sites permissions I removed users ability to create views. I'm not sure if this helps, but figured I would share. Cheers.     

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you can manage visibility of fields in sharepoint list through VIEWs.

however, there is not an easy (configuration) way how to manage visibility by a user membership in a group.

Badge +7

What you expected is not really related to Nintex.

By the way, you could find some community contributions to achieve what you want.

In example : SharePoint 2013 Column & View Permission - Home 

Hope it helps happy.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

is that project still active and up to date to current Sharepoint service packs levels?

there was not update for more than 3 years and download rate dropped significantly in recent period.

if I needed to manage fields permissions and VIEWs wouldn't be sufficient approach, I would probably rather go CSR/JSL way...

Badge +7

I agree with you and I can't certify if it's up to date or not. And I would probably go the same way as you.

By the way, some of us may not able to edit JSLink. So solutions on Codeplex could help happy.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi ‌, how did you succeeded with this?