Unable to start K2 Blackpearl Server

• 20 August 2015
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Symptoms

Unable to start K2 Blackpearl Server

Diagnoses

I have finished the installation into the server. I tested to call K2 Workspace, and it worked. However, when I accessed Management Console and tried to drill down the server information, an error dialog box popped up with message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 142.40.33.118:5555.

I also have tried to run K2 blackpearl Server (Service Account), but what I got is as follow:

Attempting to start "C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinK2HostServer.exe" -color:Green as user "VALENETwnotifier" ...
RUNAS ERROR: Unable to run - "C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinK2HostServer.exe" -color:Green
740: The requested operation requires elevation.

Warning encountered when starting the K2 Blackpearl server: “Warning 61006: Permanent failure for message ID..”

Resolution

1. In order to start K2 in console mode, your service account needs to have domain admin or system admin rights. Please assign the rights to the service account by referring to this link: http://help.k2.com/helppages/k2blackpearlGettingStarted4.6.5/webframe.html_Before_K2ServiceAccount.html
2. Once the K2 service is started, user will be able to access K2 Workspace.
3. For the warning encountered when starting the K2 blackpearl service, customer was logged on as a different user who does not have access rights to EWS instead of the K2 Service account. To resolve the issue, log on as the K2 service account and then start the service.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!