In a notification (both independently, and in a task notification), I'll insert a link with reference token for both the URL and the hyperlink text. If I save the notice & the workflow immediately, it appears to generate the correct text & href for the email. However, if I open the notice again for any additional editing, the link text appears to looses it's token & convert to a text string of the name of the token itself. The image shows the resulting change in source code.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I should mention that even if I change the source back to the original code & save & close the notification, I then open it back up & it's incorrect again. My presumption is that there is an issue w/ the Nintex validation script since it's stripping & replacing source edits on form closure.
I don't have a solution, but I can tell you I'm having the same issue. Nintex seems to be very picky when it comes to how you specify the link text. There also seems to be a difference between the rich text for notifications and the rich text control for forms. I can specify a wingding font in the notification rich text, but it gets stripped out in the form control rich text. Good luck!
what version are you on?
there seem to be similar issues addressed in release 18.104.22.168 in May
see release notes Nintex Workflow 2013 - Release Notes
We are, indeed, on a prior version. I'll check w/ our administrators about intended timing for upgrade. If you know of any existing details a workaround in a previous version (22.214.171.124), I'd be grateful!
Try to build whole message content then go to its source and copy it out. Save it to some multiline text variable and insert just the variable reference to message body
Thanks for this suggestion. I gave it a shot, but unfortunately none of the references were calculated when I did it this way (so, the html of the message included the exact source code w/o any translation of the references).