\Convert Value\" action item errors out repeatedly"

• 14 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

I have tried multiple variations of date formats in the Nintex Workflow "Convert Value" action item.  However, I have had no success.  Here's one sample of what I have been working on:

Configure Action - Convert value

StartDate is a variable with a value of "2017-09-11T13:00:00Z".  The contents of the StartDate variable is to mimic the date information that is pulled out of a web request (Exchange out of office).  I've created a smaller workflow in order to work through the issue with the "convert value" action item.  Essentially, what I'm looking to do is to convert the string value of StartDate to a date data type. When I run the above action item, these are the results I see.

Error text

I've added a time format, too, to see if that would help but had the same results.

More error text

I've tried various other format strings with the same results.  What could I be doing wrong?  Any help would be much appreciated!

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have a look on this whether it helps - https://community.nintex.com/message/43158?commentID=43158#comment-43158 

Badge +5

I had visited that message prior to posting my own but I didn't have any success, unfortunately.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok.

so let's try:

- remove culture

- and use following format string: yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ

‌ string to date‌

Badge +5

I had tried that format string previously but with one significant difference - I used uppercase.  When I copied/pasted your string exactly, it worked!   Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

small or capital letter, that makes a difference in date format string.

see this reference