K2 SmartForms - State not found

• 16 October 2012
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello ..

I have just installed the k2 SmartForms tool .. and been trying out a simple Approve/decline process with two states (base state) and (approval state) ..

When attempting to open the Form in the workspace worklist i am encountered with the following errors  .. 

State 'Applicant Approval' not found

Form could not be found, or is not checked in.

Any Help on how to resolve this issue ?

Thank You !

5 replies

Badge +4

Hi

Make sure that the states you have configured on the form and on the smart forms client event in the process are the same.

I would suggest the following:

1. checkin the form that you are working on

2. go to the process which contains the smart forms client event and run through the wizard on that page. Here you will get the option to create new states or select existing ones, be sure to run through the entire wizard.

Once this is complete then deploy your process and try to open the form.

HTH

Badge +2

Thank you SteveB ..

yes i believe there was something wrong with the state . However , testing another process have not encounter this error ..

Badge +4

Hi

You could try removing that state and adding a new one from the smart forms client wizard.

Badge +5

Hi i had hit this error quite few times and at last i found out, i should not work on k2smartForm creation (using k2designer) and k2 process (using k2 Studio) at the same time. I guess it is due to there are integration when I worked on either one and it will cause integration error. Thus I can only work on one item, each time,save and completely close before i open the another.

If u working on both at same time, lets try to do so, and see if it helps.

Badge +1

The issue is resolved by Checking in the Form & any related views (as stated in the second reply)