• 14 October 2012
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi guys, 

I have an issue regarding the delegation tasks and email notifications

review the following scenario: 

we have 2 users A and B.

1- The task is assigned to user A

2- The task is delegated (either directly, or because user A is out of office) or redirected to user B

When the tasks is delegated, all notifications and email should be sent also to the user B

but unfortunately nothing sent to user B.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so, how to approach it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

I am using k2 blackpearl 4.6.1 (4.12060.1500.0)

4 replies

Badge

Hi AlMosawi

The task and other notifications are only send once (or executed) at the execution of the relevant Client Event or Email Notification Event. While delegation or redirection of a workitem does not result in the execution of Client or Email Notification Event.

Badge +10

Just a clarification.  A redirect should send a notification and does if done by the actual user from their K2 Workslist.  With 4.6.1 I've logged a bug where a redirect done in the Management worklist does not generate a notification.  If used to in 4.5

You're correct that when setting a user's Out of Office or setting a delegate (does essentially the same thing as settig OOF) no notifications are sent.  I've logged this as a feature request with K2.

Regards,

Tim

Badge +3

I know this an old thread but wanted to confirm.

Does using redirect option in K2 workspace worklists send an email to the new user or it does not?

I am using K2 balckpearl 4.6.1. 

thanks. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I am using K2 version 4.6.7. Redirection from workspace sends tasks email. I tried with code to redirect the task but it doesn't send task email.