Solved

Update Default Value with Formula based on changes in other fields in New Responsive

• 28 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Apologies, I have found references to using javascript to solve this but in the "New Responsive" editor I can't seem to find a way to make this happen. I have fields that their default is set by a formula based on data entered within the form from other fields. However there doesn't seem to be any way to cause the form to "update" those formula based defaults as their source fields are changed. For example calculating the PST (tax) from two source fields into a third as read only. I've looked at rules, seen java script and "control" settings. But none of these seem to be an option in the new editor. I'm new at this so if I should go back to the old "Responsive Designer" I will but it seems to me this is a fairly basic functionality that should exist in any form system. I'm evaluating Nintex compared to native SharePoint for this.

Thanks, Greg

icon

Best answer by v-tmasenko 28 October 2019, 20:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
The New Responsive Designer can handle this very easily:
1) Use Variables to perform the calculation
2) Use Form Rules to assign the variable to the target field
3) Every time you leave a field (via a tab or mouse click somewhere else) the Form Rules are triggered. So your automatic update takes place very easily.

One quick question... What did you use as the If condition? I tried Item:Modified  is Filled

Never mind figured it out. Triggered on If Filled in source fields. Thanks again @v-tmasenko