Vaneza
Forms Fledgling

parseLookup not returning correct value

I am currenlty trying do a calculated value that will do a lookup from a different sharepoint list based on a lookup field on the form.

I have tried three different formulas and I get two to render a respond but the prefix is not removed even when I have done the parseLookup formula. 

Formula one:  

lookup("Documents","Safety Standard Number and Title Description",parseLookup(SS Drop Down List),"POC")

Result:  1215#Valladares, Vanessa

Data Type:Sting

Formula two:  

String(lookup("Documents", "Safety Standard Number and Title Description", parseLookup( SS Drop Down List),"POC")).replace (/^null/gi,"")

Result:  1215#Valladares, Vanessa

Formula three:  

parseLookup(lookup("Documents", "Safety Standard Number and Title Description", SS Drop Down List, "lookup:POC"))

Result:  (does not return a result)

All Formulas.png

Can someone tell what I am doing wrong?  Your help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SimonMuntz
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: parseLookup not returning correct value

Hi,

The correct format is:
parseLookup(lookup(list title, column to filter on, value to filter on, output column))

With your data it would look like:
parseLookup(lookup("Documents","Safety Standard Number and Title Description",SS Drop Down List,"POC"))
0 Kudos
Vaneza
Forms Fledgling

Re: parseLookup not returning correct value

I entered the formula and ran the preview. I can see where the field is doing the look up but then it does not return anything? I get a blank field. This only happens when I try to do the parseLookup.

Could this be because the column that the drop down I am referencing "Safety Standard Number and Title Description" is a calculated column that is concatenating two column and not the acutal column that stores the safety standard number?

0 Kudos