Not applicable

page viewer control with query string parameter

Hi

I need to display a pdf within a nintex flexi task form. I am using the Page Viewer control in Nintex Form 2010. i am calculating the URL (with querystring Parameters) an set it as the source of the Viewer control. The URL is correct and will show the pdf when opening it with a browser. My challenge is that the & gets encoded to & when using it in the source field of the browser and therefore the document wont show.

that is a example of the url

<siteurl>/_layouts/<Customer>/previewpdf.aspx?list=<guid>&id=<itemid>&isdlg=1

the page Viewer control encodes the URL like that

<siteurl>/_layouts/<Customer>/previewpdf.aspx?list=<guid>&amp;id=<itemid>&amp;isdlg=1

What am I doing wrong here? Is there another control to use for displaing pdf files in forms?

Cheers,

Rico

2 Replies
Not applicable

Re: page viewer control with query string parameter

Hi Rico,

Any update on this already? I have the same strange problem

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: page viewer control with query string parameter

Rico,

Can you share the reference configuration for what you're placing in the "source" field inside the control settings of your Page Viewer control? I have configured a form to display an item in a list using the link:

http://nsp-ab-sp10-1.nintexsupport.com/Lists/ListA/DispForm.aspx?ID=8&Source=http%3A%2F%2Fnsp%2Dab%2...

Which contains a number of ampersands which are not being encoded and this functions as expected. I assume you are using an inline function to build the URL? If so please review the following post to ensure your inline function ignores special characters:

Inline function errors when the string value contains special characters

Keep in mind that this control is essentially an iframe of your link so the issue here is not the control but the URL that is being passed to the control. Additionally, I am testing this on the latest version on Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2010. Make sure to keep your product update to date to avoid running in to old bugs!

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

0 Kudos