Sharepoint Doc Library Event not triggering process

• 16 December 2005
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
My environment:

Server 1: K2SP2a, K2 Workspace
Server 2: WSS SP2, SQL, SharepointProcessWebService, InfopathService

I have a Sharepoint process that is supposed to be kicked off on the Insert event. When a document is uploaded to the library, the process is not triggered and there is no activity visible in the K2 Server console. The document library event handler appears to be configured with the correct information, including server name and SharepointProcessService address.

I have looked at the IIS log for the SharepointProcessWebService, which shows some 200 and 500 status codes, however there is no relevant information in the event viewer. I have successfully tested a different process which manually calls K2ROM.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to debug this? Should the SharepointProcessService be on the same server as K2, or does it have to reside on the Sharepoint server? I have tried both of these scenarios and gotten the same result. My last resort is to reinstall - since this is a dev environment that won't be the end of the world.

I appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

3 replies

Badge +7
I think that the problem comes from the SP2 of Sharepoint ...
Badge +4
yes this is an issue that has been addressed with the K2 hotfix for sps sp2

you can download it from the downloads area of the portal
Badge +1
Yes, this patch was already installed!

I recently moved K2 to the same box as SPS and it still is not working, which leads me to bellieve that this is strictly a Sharepoint issue.