Does Nintex have the ability to read a CSV, Excel File or Text Document in a SharePoint Library?

Badge +9

A customer has recently asked me for an automated procedure to use a weekly file to create a list. At this point I'm thinking the file would be a CSV (Comma Separated) or an Excel File. 

I have no problem deleting the old list. I'm just not sure how to access the file and if I understand how to read the data, I can build new records.

If you have some code segments or workflows, that would help.

thanks,

Stephan

3 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

You can take a look at this article and see if it'll help, Nintex Workflow - Parse CSV and Create a List - Vadim Tabakman

Jan

Badge +9

Actually have been looking at the article. The Frontend Configuration of our server is unique/weird--2 Linux Secure Serviers.  Using a webrequest with the item url won't work in our environment.

Badge +2

Is there any way to deal with this when you have Office Online Server or Office Web Apps in the mix? We have an issue currently where all our csv files are being opened in the browser so we are having trouble using nintex to scan the csv content to be used in workflows.

Any advice there?