Why is the people picker not working on a form for some employees

• 25 November 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

For some reason I have a handful of people who cannot use the people picker on a form. It just has a green spinning icon that never resolves a name or a list of name?

We just upgraded to the newest version of forms as well.

3 replies

Badge +5

Hi Emily.

For the users that cannot use people picker on the form:

- Are they using IE? If so, try a few different browsers and see if issue still happens

- What value are they entering into the people picker? It could be a fact that some new users who have not yet been synced from AD to SharePoint UPS

- Is this happening in a vanilla SharePoint new item form (without nintex form) as well ? Try entering the same values into a people picker on a sharepoint new item form and see if they resolve.

- Is ADFS deployed in your environment? ADFS only accepts login in a very specific format and in the case if the user has never logged onto the site (where the problem nintex form is) then they may also experience this issue with People picker not resolving

Hope this helps,

Thomas

Badge +6

This turned out to be a user profile sync issue. The infrastructure team was able to fix it and make sure the timer jobs and web services are running properly.

Badge +3

In my case,

some users did not see the members of "Choice from" SP group of People Picker,

because users did not have rights to "view the group membership" of this group.

I specify everyone can see group membership in group properties and all start to work.