Combining tasks from an IPC event to one email/form

• 9 July 2014
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hello!

I'm hoping you can help me... I have a process where an IPC event triggers a task for each user for each line on the parent process. i.e.

A user submits a request with three lines (list view), the IPC event then treats each line individually and sends tasks to the owner. So if jbloggs was an owner for line 1 and line 3, they would receive two emails.

Ideally, what I would like to do, is send one email with all the lines that the approver is involved in. So rather than jbloggs receiving an email for line 1 and a seperate email (with a seperate task) for line 3, they would receive one email that allows them to approve line 1 and line 3 at the same time (but the IPC still works seperately for each).

Hopefully that made sense! If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated....!!!

Kind Regards,

Dayna

1 reply

Badge +10

Im not sure IPC is required for this scenerio. Maybe a simpler soluton like the one below would work.

1. User fills in a list with three items and submits which start one workflow.

2. Next you call a method that compares the three lines items and compares the owners and gets distinct list  of owners. (in this case two distinct owners)

3. Next you have an activity where you assign the activity to the distinct list of users that was returned previously. (set your own destination rules)

4. In the activity, put in a form event and and email event so they only receive one email. Have a link to the form.

5. On the form, get the userfqdn of whoever opens the form and then call a list method that gets a list of items for that request and then filter out any items that they are not an owner of so they only see their items.

Then they select approve or reject.

Hope this helps a little.