Need Help with Calculating a date based on field from list.

• 9 January 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I am building a workflow to send a reminder email 60 days before a date field in a SharePoint list. I am having issues getting the Calculate Date field to pull the date from field in the list. Any help? Thanks!

6 replies

Badge +7

Hi Aaron,

Just to confirm:  You created a list with a date (lets say action_date) and then you created a site workflow?  In the site workflow you are doing a query list to get all the dates?

I would create a measuring-against date...I see I add 60 and I should have added a minus infront (-60)

212014_nintex dates1.JPG

And then I would check every date...please note the run if comparison condition (Equals...ignoring time)

212021_nintex dates3.JPG

and my workflow will look something like this.

212022_Nintex Dates 2.JPG

Let me know if this helps or if something was unclear

Badge +2

Francois, here is how i need the workflow to work. User inserts 2 dates into form. These dates are expiration dates. I need to send a reminder 60 days before both of these dates to a group of users. This will need to be a ongoing process since the user will replace the expired date with a new date 1 year later that will need to go though the process again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Aaron,

You can create a site workflow and schedule it to run each day. I'd calculate the notification date which is todays date + 60 days.

Now I'd query all elements that have an expiration date in the future and that's expiration date is smaller (earlier) than or equal to our notification date

Now - if I didn't mix something up - you should have a collection of items that's notification should be done today or wan't made yet but is needed.

finally I'd iterate through this collection and send notifications for each item in it

212047_pastedImage_6.png

Would that be an option?

Best regards

Enrico

Badge +2

Enrico,

What do you think about this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

I cannot see what the workflow is doing in it's actions. Does it work for you? Then I'd say its good happy.png

Badge +2

Enrico, The workflow starts by querying the list for both date fields. It then saves that data to a variable that is used later. Then it calculates the date individually for each variable -60 days and save that data in another variable. It pauses until that reminder date and send the email.