Discussion List - Email Enabled

• 15 April 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have a discussion list that is receiving email.  We are using this app because we can see the body of the email where the library does not have that feature in sharepoint.  It was suggested that we use a nintex workflow to grab the body of the email and upload it to a list so that we can create other columns that are editable by users.  Has anyone tried getting the body of the email?  If so, can anyone explain to me how this is done.  I can't seem to locate the email body field anywhere. 

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi Cheryl,

Do you know that you can add columns in Discussion Board List?

You can also create views displaying those columns.

But maybe it is out of your context.

Regards,

Christophe Raucq

Badge +3

It worked Christophe~!  During testing, I learned that if I gave someone permission to the list that you may have to wait for the programs to catch up to it.  Now I am using the MANAGEMENT view with my new columns and everyone is able to update and take action on those items that they need to change and still see a part of the email.  Our users needed to see the first line of the email as they had in the past with outlook.  They were using this information to determine the responsible party.  Now they have the functionality of outlook (in a discussion list) with the power of sharepoint additional columns to keep them organized!  Woo Hoo happy.png