Flexi Task Approval Permission Fails even with System Account

Badge

Hello,

I'm new to the community and Nintex for that matter so my problem might be extremely obvious but I can't seem to figure it out. I've setup a state machine for a basic multi-level AP approval workflow but no matter what person is assigned to the first flexi task for approval, the form states that I'm not authorized to respond to the task. I've looked through a lot of posts on this subject here in the forums and everyone points to permissions being the issue. The sub-site where the document library resides is inheriting it's permission groups from the site level as does the document library and WF list. I've tried using an account with full control at the site level and even the system account to no avail. I'm sure I'm making a rookie mistake but can't seem to find the right clue. Please help...

Ryan

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

do you get task form displayed and there you see you are not authorize?

or do you just get sharepoint's error page?

task assignee need edit permissions on workflow task list. does it inherit them so?

Badge +3

Hi Marian,

I’m facing the same issue on SP2013 on prem. I created a subsite (Team Site) and when I try to respond a task Nintex will load only the display form. The strange think is, if I’m creating a subsite (Team Site) but setting the German language for the site everything is fine!?

Maybe you have some suggestions

Ben

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I don't see a reason why different locale would cause something like this.

just some thoughts

- do you have international nintex version installed?

- have you tried to play with your's (user's) personal locale settings to match site ones, resp. ones that work?

- what task action have you used, flexi task?

- have you used nintex task form or default sharepoint's one?

- how do you identify it's display form? by its layout or have you checked what aspx page is being shown?

if it is really display form, do you have available 'Edit item' button on ribbon? have you tried to navigate to task list on your own and edit task item from there?

Badge +3

Neither I see a reason but it does so wink.png

- do you have international nintex version installed?

-> Yes there ist the international version installed

- have you tried to play with your's (user's) personal locale settings to match site ones, resp. ones that work?

-> no i didnt check the user settings but i will do that

- what task action have you used, flexi task?

-> yes, flexi task

- have you used nintex task form or default sharepoint's one?

-> both, with the sharepoint's one i can accept or reject the task! only with the Nintex form I'm facing the issue.

- how do you identify it's display form? by its layout or have you checked what aspx page is being shown?

-> The aspx page shown

if it is really display form, do you have available 'Edit item' button on ribbon? have you tried to navigate to task list on your own and edit task item from there?

-> Yes, same. I can't enter edit mode with the nintex form 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can you clarify what exactly you meant with "setting the German language" above?

is it language you can select while creating site in Template selection section?

or you made any changes of language in site settings after the site was created?

or any other setting?

can you compare whether there are not any differences in workflow task list  and task list item(s) permission settings between the two sites?

can you try it with different task action?

can you try with your custom created workflow task list?

Badge +3

Yes, on creating the subsite you can select the language for the site, which will apply to the site. Thats the only difference between Site1 and Site2. Both were created from a Team Site template.

I tried a custom task list but same there.

I will have a chat today with the nintex support maybee we can figure out the issue