retrieving process instances ids

Badge +1
I need to get the history of the a process i'm using the filter service that used to get the process audit but i'm facing something i can't get process instances ids with which i can get data for this instace only. i have looked in knowledge base article http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000021.aspx

but nothing tells how to get process instances ids

would you please help me in this topic?

4 replies

Badge +8
Please provide a bit more information on where and when you are trying to retrieve the information.

If you want to display it on a Workitem's page, the Process Instance ID can be extracted from the serial number, as the serial number consists of 3 parts, seperated by a comma.

Eg, if my serial is: K2Serv,9,71
1. K2 Server Name - K2Serv
2. Process Instance ID - 9
3. Event Instance ID - 71
Badge +1
i need the process info whatever its status completed,running .....
meaning that i need the process instances ids for all process instaces of specific process so i can use these ids to get dtails for a specific process instance. i tried the getdata function in the filter service but it doesn't get the ids assoiciated with each row. i hope you get what i mean.
Badge +8
Have a look at the "ProcessInstance" Report in the Windows application for the mentioned KB article. This will return you all the process instances created for a specific process. You will need to provide the Project and Process Name however.
Badge +1
after using process instance i forgot to make the datamember = "AllData" for the grid as the dataset contains more than one table and whole data i need resides in ds.tables[1]

thanks