Checkbox should be checked/unchecked based on previous selection

• 7 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a checkbox in my form and i have set the default option as "Yes", so everytime when the page renders the checkbox will be checked regardless of the previous mode.  I'm trying to give an option to users so that if they had unchecked the box for current record and submit then the checkbox in the rendered form should be in the previous state (unchecked in this case even if the default option is set as Yes).  

2 replies

Badge +17

Can you share what this should look like in your form? I'm not sure I understand why if the default is checked, they would uncheck it to disable it. 

Default values are for new items,  not edit views. So when a new item is create the default value is set then. Also if you set a default in the list column it should flow through on the form if the control is bound to it correctly.  

Have you thought of inverting this. So have it unchecked by default (No) and if they check it (Yes), then that equals what you want. Not saying the opposite can't be done, just seems odd how you stated your issue.

Like you mentioned in your second sentence, in Checkbox I don't want to set default value for new items.  For new item I'm trying to set the checkbox value (checked/uncheked) based on what was selected and submitted on previous item/record.