Show attachments on Approval Form

Badge +5

Is there a way to show attachments on Approval form? I have tried to use Vadim's solution but I am unable to call a web service. I tried using Farm admin account, account used in App pool advanced settings but no luck. Any other way of doing this?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

there is no other way.

can you post what errors/problems do you have with webservice call?

if you could post webservice action configuration it would helpful as well.

Badge +5

Hi Marian

Please see the config below. I am able to access web service page via browser without any issues. Any recommendations where I can look to find why this is not working.

Thanks

182343_pastedImage_0.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I guess you get service unavailable error after you pressed button, right?

does Web_URL placeholder returns what you expect it should - press refresh button, it should ask you to confirm web  URL with the placeholder resolved. check whether it is correct. copy and paste it to a browser and check whether it works.

have you tested in browser with the same credentials you use in this config dialog?

try to configure error handling so that yo get full response from server, maybe it gives you a hint.

Badge +5

Hi Marian,

I am able to access the URL via a web browser which shows up when I click the refresh button. I have added error handling but unable to publish the workflow as action is not fully configured.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

hm, weird...

just to be sure, have you tried with the same user credentials for both workflow action and browser?

have you tried it from the same browser?

any proxy or firewall between you and your server?

here was discussed similar problem Request failed with status: Service Unavailable.

it provides no direct findings, but it might give you some hints, especialy whether there are not reported any errors in ULS logs

could you try to acces another web service on the same server (eg. userGroup.asmx)?

could you try some other tool that can make SOAP query to your server?