make the action available without opening the work item

• 5 March 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi I am currently writing my own k2 worklist webpart I am currently using the following code to get actions for a worklist item and populating a dropdown with them in a  gridview.

foreach (SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Action action in item.Actions)
                    {
                        myActDataRow = myActDataTable.NewRow();
                        myActDataRow["SN"] = item.SerialNumber;
                        myActDataRow["Action"] = action.Name;
                        myActDataTable.Rows.Add(myActDataRow);

}

By and large all is good.

One point of irritation is that I am unable to detect whether an action has the "make the action available without opening the work item" property set on it.

When this property is not set the k2 worklist does not show the action in the list of available actions for a worklistitem. So it must be available from somewhere.

However i cannot see this property in the  SourceCode.Workflow.Client.Action class so I now have actions appearing in my custom worklist that I do not want to appear

Please see attached word document for screenshot of property i am talking about.

2 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

The property that allows a worklist item to be actioned without opeing it is "Batchable".
If "Batchable" is set to true you are able to call the execute for that action without opening the worklist item.

Regards,

Gert

Badge +2

nice one gert I will give that a go!

thanks

jon