Form can't connect to SmartObject datasource since re-install

Badge +5

We had to re-install our K2 Blackpearl server due to a problem with one of the components. Since then my workflow with an InfoPath form errors when you try to submit the form, saying "There has been an error while processing the form". When expanding the detail it says that "An error occurred accessing a data source". Since other workflows on the server are working fine, this error appears to be when trying to access the SmartObject (this is the only workflow using a SmartObject). I've run the server in console mode but nothing is written to the console when submitting the form. The Blackpearl database has not changed, so permissions etc are as before. Any ideas?

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +9

Does it work with a new form binded to the same SmartObject method(s)?

Also did you check if the ucdx files are setup correctly with the correct permissions?  (This is normally done by the process integration wizard)

Badge +7

I've seen this one before....

Did you re-bind your Infopath form to the SmartObject folowing the install?

If you didn't, you've probably hit the same issue as me. SmartObjects are linked in InfoPath, not by their name/method but by GUIDs.... if you re-install your server, and recreate your SmartObject, you wont create the same GUID. This means an annoying trip into your InfoPath rules and other code to make sure you've rebound them to the correct data connection.

A quick way to do this is in Visual Studio.... go to Infopath Integration Wizard, and click the refresh button, open your form and rebind your controls/rules. Redeploy and check it now works.....

alternatively.... if you know the GUID that your SmartObject should have.. you can go and edit the underlying SmartObject code... although not something I'd recommend.

Martin

Badge +3

Hello,

I've seen this error before when the K2 web service URL is incorrect.  Go to the K2 object browser, open the 'Workflow Web Service(s)' branch and select the 'Web Service URL' node. Right click to 'Edit Field', opening a dialog which gives you access to the web service URL. You can cut and paste this URL into explorer and validate it there, before inserting the corrected version back in and saving. You will have to build and deploy the process again to see if this works.

Let me know if this helped or not.

Cheers,

Jon

Badge +3

Hello,

From my previous post, I wanted to make sure that you also back up any forms before making changes to them so you can start from the previous error in case this doesn't work or cause more issues.

Cheers,

Jon