Upgrade of Workflow 2013 Enterprise Issues Help

• 2 February 2017
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8

Hey Community,

I'm trying to upgrade our Nintex Workflow 2013 Enterprise edition to the latest version and the NintexWorkflow2013core.wsp keeps erroring out with the following:

198269_pastedImage_6.png

Has anyone came across this if so how did you solve it as I have gone through every possible way that has came to mind.

Thanks for the help.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi Kevin,

never had this by myself but first interesting thing would be to know which process is locking the file. You could download the Process Explorer and analyse the file via

Find > Find Handle or DLL.

In the "Handle or DLL substring:" text box, type the path to the file (e.g. "C:path ofile.txt") and click "Search".

All processes which access the file should be listed.

Did you also try to give the machine an IISRESET or/and a reboot before trying to install?

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +8

Thank you for your reply Enrico Knapp,

I have done both an IISRESET and reboot before installing, also have downloaded the Process Exploer and did the find on the DLL in question and it coming back as no other processes are using that DLL.

So still at a lost on what is going on but once again thanks for the help.

Kevin Kittinger

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm, could you try to run the installer with explicit admin privileges?

Are you running the installer directly from the web frontend server?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

One more thing, could you check SharePoint Central Administration and have a look at the installed farm solutions under system settings? are all solutions deployed correctly? If not, can you deploy the solutions manually from there?

Badge +8

Have Ran it as admin still same issues.

Have ran it both on the both webfront end servers same thing.

Nintex Forms upgrades with no issues at all. Its just Workflow that wont upgrade.

Even Manually deploying the nintex2013workflowcore.wsp from Central Administration errors as its the one that is erroring with the installer as well.

Have even done retracting the workflow solutions and doing the installer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hmm, I fear I can't help you further with this. You should contact Nintex to go through the installation with you. Hopefully they can help you.

Sorry.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Badge +8

I figured out how to fix this, I stopped the Nintex Workflow Start Service on all servers. then the installer worked fine.