Activity Escalations ignores the number of days.

• 7 August 2014
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a activity on which I want to apply escalation for auto-canceling worklist item after 45 days.

I have activity A which has client event with certain outputs : OUTPUT1,OUTPUT2 etc which takes respective actions.

There is one more activity 'AutoCancel' which has a smartObject event call

On this Activity A ,as per requirement I added escalation to fire after 45 days and selected action as 'GO TO Acticity (second activity). I have added mail events in second activity to test if it is firing or not.

But to my surprise the Escalation fires even though I select different outcomes and even days are not completed I mean immidiately one I select any other outcome.

Please, help me on this. Why escalation is firing for other actions and not waiting till 45 days.

1 reply

Badge +5

It would help to see a diagram of your workflow, but here's a guess off the top of my head...

It sounds like you have 2 lines running off of your event. 1 to the appropriate outcome, and then also 1 to the escalation (with the mail event). My guess is that you do not have appropriate rules on those lines. So when you action the event, the workflow is actually going to both outcomes instead of just the one.

Again, I could be way off, but if you provide a little more detail I'm sure somebody can help you out.