Can't Open Form after approval

• 1 December 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +5

We have a Nintex form that once filled out, goes through multiple approvals.  What we have found is that once the form has an approval, regular users get a "You don't have access to the Page" error.  Myself and the other admin can access all the list items.  The users can access list items that haven't received any approvals, but they can't access list items that have gone through the approval process.

We have gone through the workflow and there is no step where we are changing permissions.  When I check permissions on the actual list item, it says that users should be able to access the page.

We can't figure out what is causing them to be denied access to the form once approvals have run.  This is a production list, so it's critical at this point.  I have submitted a ticket, but thought I'd ask here also.  

9 replies

Badge +5

UPDATE:

I created a SharePoint form in SharePoint Designer and attempted to access list items using that form that I am not through Nintex Forms.  After I log into SharePoint as my Test User Account, I can access the list item using my new SharePoint Test Form, but I can't access the same item using the Nintex Form.

Badge +5

I realized that I didn't say what platform I am on.  This is on an on-prem, SharePoint 2013 install.  All users have Edit, Approve without Delete.

Badge +8

Do the users have access to the workflow task list?

Badge +5

Yes

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

if you have lookup on the from, check whether user(s) have permission to the referenced lists.

if you have people control on the form sourced by SP group, check that groups are configured to allow view membership for everyone.

Badge +5

There are no lookups on the form, no people controls.

We did verify that normal users can open the form in Edit mode, it is just the Display Mode that doesn't work.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

can users open view form before approval is done resp. workflow is run/started?

Badge +5

Here is what we have verified so far:

• Users can create new list items.
  • Users can open the form in "Edit Mode"
  • Users can open the form in "Display Mode" before any approvals have been made and even after the first approval has been made.   There are 3-4 levels of approvals in this workflow and so we are attempting to determine at what approval step the form becomes unauthorized for the user.

I attempted to move this list to our development environment and when I attempt to create a new item, I get an "unexpected error" on the form even though I can publish the form.  I am not the original creator of the form.  I have been tasked with getting it to work. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you have said you do not change permissions anyhow within workflow.

can you check and confirm that after your approval is done the item inherits permissions from list and do not have configured item level permissions?