Workflow Edit Start Form Grayed Out. Cannot Access my InfoPath Form

• 28 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have built a fairly elaborate InfoPath Start Form through the Workflow Settings box in my Workflow. Today I went to edit it and the "Edit Start Form" is grayed out. 

When I hover my mouse over, it reads, "This Control is currently disabled. You may not have the right permission level to use this, you might need to select an onject or item, or the control might not work in this context."

Up until this point I never had a problem. I really prefer not to start over because it took me a long time to figure out how to make it work. As of right now the form works, but I was hoping to have the ability to still tweak it as needed. It is worth noting that the "Form type" box is also grayed out with the selection "default."

I have attempted to turn off InfoPath Forms in the site collections and reenable it without results. Other forms such as the Flexi Task InfoPath Form works.

Is there a way I can access the InfoPath form outside of Nintex Workflow to edit it? Please help!

6 replies

Badge

@fast editor wrote:

Hello,

I have built a fairly elaborate InfoPath Start Form through the Workflow Settings box in my Workflow. Today I went to edit it and the "Edit Start Form" is grayed out. 

When I hover my mouse over, it reads, "This Control is currently disabled. You may noth ave the right permission levle to use this, you might need to select an onject or item, or the control might not work in this context."

Up until this point I never had a problem. I really prefer not to start over because it took me a long time to figure out how to make it work. As of right now the form works, but I was hoping to have the ability to still tweek it as needed. It is worth noting that the "Form type" box is also grayed out with the selection "default."

I have attempted to turn off InfoPath Forms in the site collections and reenable it without results. Other forms such as the Flexi Task InfoPath Form works.

Is there a way I can access the InfoPath form outside of Nintex Workflow to edit it? Please help!

Hello,

How did you connect your SharePoint List to your InfoPath Form? I'm not sure if it's possible to edit InfoPath form outside of Nintex Workflow.

Badge +1

Hello,

The way I connected it in the first place was through the "workflow settings" >> "Edit Start Form" choosing InfoPath as the form. I am unable to edit it this way now and it will not let me change the form type. Still have not found a solution!

Badge +4

I am running into this same issue. Anyone have a solution? I have already updated the form using Nintex as my form solution to start the workflow. I have other workflows where I can update the form but not on this particular list.

Badge +17

Navigate to the list settings and then form settings and you should be able to toggle which form is the default at that time. Do note if you open and publish the form via Nintex, it will override that and cause Nintex to be the defualt form. You can only have one default form type at a time, whether it is SharePoint, InfoPath, Nintex or some other form product.

Badge +1

Hello thank you for the reply! This is a workaround for me to access my form so thank you for this!

Badge

@jvolk85 wrote:

I am running into this same issue. Anyone have a solution? I have already updated the form using Nintex as my form solution to start the workflow. I have other workflows where I can update the form but not on this particular list.

In workflow settings, if "Start Manually" is unticked then the Edit Form option is greyed out.